Snow closes schools and causes travel disruption
By Prue_Reid | Friday, January 18, 2013, 08:39
A number of schools in North Somerset have closed due to the snow. They are:
Snow is causing disruption across North Somerset.
All Saints C of E
BroadoakCollege– check their website for Monday
Burrington C of E Primary
Court de Wyck
HansPrice Academy(BUT open for students taking GCSE History)
Heron's Moor Academy
High Down Infant and Nursery
High Down Junior
Mary Elton Primary
Mead Vale Primary
Nailsea tuition service
Northleaze C of E Primary
Sail Pupil Referral Unit
St Anne's Hewish
St Francis Nailsea
St George'sVA Church Primary
St John the Evangelist Clevedon
St Joseph's RC Primary
St Katherine's School (BUT open for all students with examinations who should report to student reception)
St Mark's Worle
St Mary's Portbury
St Martin's C of E Primary
St Nicholas Chantry
St Peter's Church of England Primary School
Tiny Toes day nursery Uphill
Trinity Anglican Methodist
Uphill tuition service
Yatton Infant and Junior
ROADS AND TRAVEL - 7.50am summary
North Somerset Public transport update
Bakers Coaches 01934 415 000 (Option 4)
• Service 66 is unable to serve Walton Bay and Nore Road. Will be assessing the route during the morning.
• Service 121 is unable to serve Wrington or Winford and Felton.
Crosville 01934 635 259
• Service 16 is currently not operating. Will resume service at 9.05 from West Wick.
• Service 100 is currently not operating. Will reassess at 9am.
First 08456 064 446
• First have now suspended all bus services in Bristol. Long Ashton Park and Ride and the Airport Flyer are still operating but subject to delay and will be reassessed shortly.
• In Weston-super-Mare:
• Service 5 is unable is to serve between Albert Quadrant to the Queensway.
• Service 14 is unable to serve Locking Castle and St Georges (Pastures Avenue). Operating direct to Tesco Express (Maltlands).
• All other services operating as normal but may be subject to delay.
North SomersetCoaches 01275 859 123
• Service X54 is subject to delay and is unable to serve Silver Street and Kingshill at the moment.
• Service 2C is cancelled due to Backwell School closure.
WebberBus 08000 963 039
• No services currently operating. Will reassess the situation at 8am.
Passengers should be prepared for potential delays because of bad weather. For up to date information about contact National Rail Enquiries on 0845 7484 950 or visit www.nationalrail.co.uk
Please contact your local operator for details of Dial-a-Ride and other community transport services.
Weston and District Community Transport will operate services as planned but will be liaising with passengers directly – 01934 629 657
Nailsea and District Community Transport will not operate any services on Friday 18 January 2013 – 01275 855 552
SNOW ploughs are out on main roads across North Somerset. Road conditions remain difficult but main routes are passable with care. Conditions are expected to remain the same for the next few hours at least.
Snow ploughs are operating on the A369, A38 and A370 removing accumulations of slush and snow, and further salt will be laid as part of this operation.
Roads currently closed are Totterdown Lane, Weston-super-Mare, Monks Hill, Weston super Mare and
Arundel Road, Weston super Mare.
Officers are continuing to monitor conditions of the road network and will be arranging appropriate salting/ ploughing operations as resources allow.