Weston Hospicecare needs your unwanted goods!
By Prue_Reid | Tuesday, January 08, 2013, 19:34
A WESTON charity is asking people to rummage through their unwanted goods to help re-stock it charity shop.
Weston Hospicecare is launching its third Big Drop campaign - asking people to donate items they no longer need - to help re-fill the shelves of their charity shops.
Weston Hospicecare retail manager, Linda Kelly, said: "We had a very busy Christmas which is fantastic but this does leave us with a dent in our stock.
"As always, our local community can help by reaching into the back of those cupboards and bringing us their hidden gems.
"Often people receive gifts they already have or may not be able to make use of.
"Or they may have simply been given things to replace something they have owned for a long time.
"We would love to be able to help by taking those items off people's hands and selling them in our charity shops so they can become someone else's treasured possessions."
The Big Drop takes place from Wednesday to Wednesday, January 16-23 and Weston Hospicecare is looking for clothes, accessories, home-ware or furniture in good condition.
Previous Big Drop appeals have managed to generation nearly £10,000 worth of stock to go on sale in the shops.
Donation sites will be located at:
- Weston Hospicecare, Uphill on Wednesday, January 16, 8.30-11.30am;
- Worlebury Golf Club, on Thursday, January 17, 1.30-3.30pm;
- The Campus @ Locking Castle on Friday, January 18, 8.30am-noon and Saturday, January 19, 9am-12.30pm;
- Reading Room, The Triangle, Wrington, on Saturday, January 19, 10am-noon;
- Churchill Methodist Church, on Saturday, January 19, 10am-noon;
- Asda, Weston-super-Mare, Tuesday, January 22, 9.30am-12.30pm; and
- People can also drop off your donations at any one of our Weston Hospicecare shops.
For more information on local Big Drop locations call 01934 423960 or visit www.the-big-drop.co.uk.